Father's Day Gift Guide
June 17, 2020
Father’s Day is just around the corner ... as in only FOUR days away. *Cue the stress* And, unfortunately, the days of macaroni necklaces and hand-painted cards are gone, so we’ve got you covered on gifts for all kinds of Dads.
We’ve come up with five different Dad types and gift ideas for each of them below. See which one lines up best with your Dad’s style! And remember, the gift of quality time can surpass anything wrapped in terms of value.
For The Dad That Likes To Have A Good Time
This is your chance to make a last-minute idea look planned. Take Dad out to get a drink and have some good times with you. We all know they ultimately just want to spend some quality time together with you! And, at The Wharf, you have a few options on where to go based on his choice of flavor.
· If he’s a craft beer guy, POUR Smart Bar is a cool spot to try with more than 35 beers on tap! You can serve it up yourself without waiting for a bartender to get to you.
· For something a little stronger, check out Kentucky Mist Distillery. They offer award-winning moonshines and vodkas to consumers in the forms of cocktails and slushies for consumption while at The Wharf or you can purchase a bottle to take home and drink with Dad in the recliner.
· Looking for drinks and an added bonus? Take him out to The Sandshaker on Saturday for live music and drinks. With a full bar, he can ask for his go-to drink or get the bartender to serve up an original bushwacker!
For The Competitive Dad
Is Dad a pro on the course? Does he have axe-cellent aim? Then we’ve gotcha covered — give a gift of challenge and excitement this Father’s Day!
· Escape the ordinary and visit the extraordinary by sending Dad on a roller coaster or motorcycle ride through the unimaginable experience of virtual reality at Outer Limits VR Game Room.
· Let Dad relieve some stress at Civil Axe Throwing by trying out a new competitive hobby. Axe throwing is a fun, unique sport that’s taking North America by storm.
· Put him to the test at Breakout Games Orange Beach. As a team, you’ll have the chance to solve puzzles, crack codes, find hidden items, and more in order to escape your room in under one hour.
· Let him relive his childhood playing arcade games at Arena The Next Level Arcade.
For The Dad With Good Taste
Dad’s treated us to nice things our whole lives and it may be time to return the favor.
· Take him out for a steak dinner at Villaggio Grille. With a filet and ribeye option, Dad’s taste buds will be thanking you in no time.
· Looking for something more tangible? Stop by Archipelago at The Wharf! They have the newest unique looks by Zagiri, Peter Millar, 7 Diamonds, Bugatchi, Stone Rose, Tailor Vintage, Mavi and more. With stylish brands and quality at a great price... you’re sure to please the above-average Dad.
· Need something on-the-go? Grab a nice bottle of wine from Red or White Wine for Dad to enjoy at home while he unwinds.
For The Adventurous Dad
Take Dad for a thrill ride and make some unforgettable memories! You’re guaranteed to wow him with a good, adventurous gift from The Wharf.
· Let Dad be the captain and rent a boat from Orange Beach Boat Rentals. Cruise the Gulf Coast by boat and let him have some fun in the sun!
· Let him take in the sights and sounds as pelicans and cormorants dive into the water; bald eagles, egrets, sea gulls, herons and osprey fly nearby; schools of bait fish surround the sailboat; and our resident pod of dolphins play in the bow wake of a dolphin cruise!
· Flying high on the eight zipline course, Dad is sure to have a good time! Check out Hummingbird Ziplines and book today so the whole family can zip the Gulf Coast together.
For The Dad That Has Everything
Does it feel like there is nothing that Dad really wants or needs, and you’re struggling with what to get him this year? Check out some options below that every dad could appreciate.
· With hot sauce, salsa, BBQ sauces and seasonings, Pepper Palace has some great finds for Dad to use when he’s wanting to fire up the grill or try out a new recipe.
· Gulf Coast House of Jerky is sure to have something Dad could indulge in — with standard flavors like buffalo, beef and pork to exotic options like elk, alligator and shark.
· You scream, I scream, all Dad’s like ice cream! You can’t go wrong with some chocolate, ice cream or fudge from Kilwins.
Still stuck on what to get him? You can always grab a gift card to any of our retail stores or restaurants and let him treat himself to something he really wants!
But at the end of the day, no matter what you get, it’s the thought that counts. So, show Dad you’re thinking of him this year with a great find from The Wharf!