Applications for The Wharf 2023 Scholarship are now closed!
The Wharf at Orange Beach, in conjunction with the Anchor Campaign, is excited to announce its third annual scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00. Please find all important dates, guidelines, requirements and the application itself in the sections below. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, March 17, 2023, for consideration. Best of luck, and congratulations to the Class of 2023!
Note: This application must be completed in its entirety in one sitting. Once it is complete, you cannot go back and edit or change your answers. A current resume, current unweighted grade point average (GPA), highest ACT/SAT score, three references (including contact information) and a parent/guardian signature is needed to complete the application. The written portion, along with a current resume, must be emailed to email@example.com after submitting the application.
- This scholarship application is open to all seniors graduating in 2023 that reside and attend high school in Baldwin County.
- One (1) winning recipient will be awarded a one-time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00. The award will be sent directly to the recipient’s desired higher education institution.
- One (1) runner-up recipient be awarded a one-time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of $500.00. The award will be sent directly to the recipient’s desired higher education institution.
- The application must be completed in its entirety, including the emailed portion, to be reviewed for consideration.
- If selected, the recipient will be responsible for providing official documentation verifying their GPA, ACT/SAT score and proof of admission into a higher education institution within ten (10) business days of notification.
- Writing prompt: There are three prompts to choose from below to answer via written essay. Please select only one prompt. These will be judged based on content and creativity. The submission must be 500-1,000 words, single spaced, 12 pt font. Please include your name and which prompt you selected at the top of your submission. This portion, along with a current resume, must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the application.
- What are your professional plans for the future? How will this scholarship have an impact?
- How have you contributed to the Gulf Coast community? Be specific.
- Everyone has talents, interests and achievements, but what is one thing about you that would make this application incomplete without mentioning? Please share your story.
- If selected as a scholarship finalist, a video conference call may be required on a mutually agreed upon date to select a winning recipient. Finalists will be notified via email.
- Must be a graduating senior that resides and attends high school (public, private or virtual) in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- A minimum of a 20 ACT / 1030 SAT (Score comparisons are based on the 2018 ACT/SAT Concordance Table.)
- A minimum of a 3.0 Unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Post-graduation, the applicant must be attending a higher-education institution.
Important Information + Dates
- Scholarship Total Amount: $10,000.00 (one-time; non-renewable); $500.00 for runner-up (one-time; non-renewable)
- Application Opening Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Application Closing Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Recipient Notification Date: No later than Friday, April 21, 2023
□ Completed and submitted application
□ Parent/Guardian + Applicant e-signature
□ Emailed Written Essay + Current Resume to email@example.com