Reopening Update From The Wharf
April 30, 2020
Last updated: May 22, 2020 | 1 p.m. CT
We Can't Wait To See You At The Wharf!
Hey, friends! Great news, The Wharf is officially open for business!
In compliance with the current Order set forth by Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, many of our retailers, restaurants, and attractions at The Wharf have been allowed to reopen! We invite you to come out to grab a breath of fresh air and safely shop, dine and be entertained.
Visitors can join us by land or by sea to enjoy The Wharf Marina, retail stores, restaurants and bars, accommodations, attractions, SPECTRA Laser Light Experience shows, Ferris wheel, green space on Marina Lawn, walking paths and more. Don’t forget we’re dog-friendly, so it’s the perfect opportunity to get the whole family out to help with the cabin fever we’re all experiencing.
Our staff and businesses are thrilled to welcome you back and are committed to ensuring the compliance of all social distance and occupancy limit guidelines set forth by local, state and federal officials. Check out our Top 7 things to do onsite while socially distancing.
1. Chow down. Whether you’re looking for takeout or dine-in options, we’ve got both! You can meet your friends onsite to grab a bite to eat, have a picnic on Marina Lawn or take it to-go for an online e-dinner at home with loved ones. Check out our restaurant options here.
2. Workin’ on your fitness. Hike, bike and stroll. We encourage you to stretch your legs by getting out and enjoying some sunshine. We have various walking paths, green space and sidewalks that are perfect for exercising. Looking for something more structured? Check out MOXIE at The Wharf for group exercise classes.
3. Put on your boogie shoes. Several businesses at The Wharf are having live music nights featuring some of our favorite local bands. Check out the calendar here.
4. Have a #dogdate. We all know Fido gets restless just like the rest of us. Bring them along for a day of fun. Here’s some ideas on things you can do with them onsite. Don’t forget your frisbee!
5. Shop ‘til you drop. Looking for the perfect date night outfit, gift or swimwear? The Wharf has something for everyone. Check out our list of retailers here.
6. Sunset serenity. Grab a drink to go and enjoy a mesmerizing sunset at The Wharf Marina. You can also bring a blanket and star-gaze on Marina Lawn once the sun goes down.
7. Un-wine with friends. Need a night to unwind with friends? Several bars are open for to-go and at-the-bar orders. Enjoy the Entertainment District. Check out the list of bar options here.
The Wharf has increased sanitation methods, updated best practices and implemented safe social distancing procedures onsite. We have strengthened cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, handrails, gondolas and elevators. We have also added hand sanitizer stations throughout the property for your convenience. Let’s all agree to spread some good vibes, not germs!
So, make plans to come out this week and enjoy a drink while shopping in the Entertainment District. Air high fives are encouraged when you see your friends out and about at The Wharf!