The Wharf 2021 Scholarship
May 10, 2021 Update: Congratuations to Kamiya Watson for being the first-ever recipient of The Wharf's 2021 Scholarship!
April 30, 2021 Update: Thank you ALL for your interest in The Wharf's 2021 Scholarship. Finalists and their guardians have been notified at this time, and a public announcement of the winner will be coming soon. We wish the Class of 2021 all the best in their future endeavors!
The Wharf has shifted focus for charitable contributions to the local, Gulf Coast area by way of the newly developed charity giving campaign named, “The Wharf’s Anchor Campaign: #AnchorForCommunity.” Headlined in the giving campaign is a $10k scholarship to be given to one, graduating high school senior that resides and attends school in Baldwin County, Alabama.
The mission of The Wharf’s Anchor Campaign is to ensure the strength, safety and security of our local area by supporting children, families and organizations on the Gulf Coast with funds, volunteerism, donations and community partnerships.
Please find all important dates, guidelines, requirements and the application itself for the scholarship in the sections below. Applications must be submitted no later than Thursday, April 1, 2021 for consideration. Best of luck, and congratulations to the Class of 2021!
- This scholarship application is open to all seniors graduating in 2021 that reside and attend high school (public, private or virtual) in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- One (1) recipient will be awarded a one-time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00. The award will be sent directly to the recipient’s desired higher-education institution.
- The application must be completed in its entirety, including the mail-in portion, in order to be reviewed for consideration.
- If selected, the recipient will be responsible for providing official documentation verifying their GPA, ACT/SAT score and proof of admission into a higher education institution within ten (10) business days of notification.
- Mail-In Portion - Writing Prompt + Resume: There are three prompts below. Please select one and write it down on a separate piece of paper or reference this page as a reminder. These will be judged based on content and creativity and must be 500-1,000 words, single spaced, 12 pt font. This, along with a current resume, must be printed and mailed to The Wharf Management Office, Attn: Scholarship to 4830 Main Street, Suite G212, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
- What are your professional plans for the future? How will this scholarship have an impact?
- How have you contributed to the Gulf Coast community? Be specific.
- Everyone has talents, interests and achievements, but what is one thing about you that would make this application incomplete without mentioning? Please share your story.
- Must be a graduating senior that resides and attends high school (public, private or virtual) in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- A minimum of a 20 ACT / 1030 SAT (Score comparisons are based on the 2018 ACT/SAT Concordance Table.)
- A minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Post-graduation, the applicant must be attending a higher-education institution.
Important Information + Dates
- Scholarship Total Amount: $10,000.00 (one-time; non-renewable)
- Application Opening Date: Monday, January 25, 2021
- Application Closing Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Recipient Notification Date: No later than Friday, April 30, 2021