Valentine's Day For Everyone
February 12, 2020
Everyone hearing the phrase “I Hate Valentine’s Day” a lot lately? It’s become a go-to theme around this time. But Valentine’s Day doesn’t just have to mean romance, it could mean FUN for all kinds of kinds. A soiree with friends, catching a movie with your mom or a fun dinner with your son. But, hey, if you are a sucker for romance, we have plenty of choices for you too.
No person can be painted with the same brush, so let’s talk about some Valentine’s Day options that are uniquely individual — much like you and yours. Make plans to join us at The Wharf for some guaranteed fun whether it’s with a loved one or bestie-for-the-restie.
For The Together-Forever Type
• Take a ride. Don’t miss your chance to ride down main street in our horse-drawn carriage. Your significant other is sure to be wowed.
• Sweeten the night. Grab dessert and end the night with chocolate from Kilwins.
• Make it a weekend. Plan ahead and stay at the SpringHill Suites at The Wharf. Catch a show, shop around or grab a meal. There is something fun happening day and night.
For The I Hate Valentine’s Day Type
• Treat yourself. Who can treat you better than yourself? Check out our monthly deals and pick up a unique gift to you, from you. Be sure to stop by The Bag Lady for 20% off handbags.
• Relax. Check out Rejuvenation Med Spa and schedule a massage or other service for Valentine’s Day. You can also visit High Cotton Bath Company or A Coastal Zen to give all of your senses a break.
• Soiree the night away. Plan a meet up at Red or White Wine with friends. You can let all of your feelings go with a glass of wine.
For The Kid-Free Night Type
• Plan a nice dinner. Make reservations at Villaggio Grille to celebrate a night away with no dishes to clean or kids to pick-up after.
• Get a dessert. We know you’re hiding the candy from the kids, but tonight you don’t have to — grab something from The Sugar Shack.
• Catch a show. Check out our state-of-the-art SPECTRA Sound & Light Spectacular at 6, 7 or 8 pm. You’ll want to have your camera ready for this one — you’ll be amazed.
For The Single-And-Happy Type
• Dance the night away. Check out the Jay Williams Band live at The Sandshaker beginning at 9 pm.
• Chill. Stop by Island Time Daiquiris for your favorite frozen concoction.
• Invite friends. Make a night of it with friends and have your own Valentine’s Day pub crawl. The Wharf is an official entertainment district — just be sure to use a plastic cup!
For The Family-Oriented Type
• Check on Mom and Dad. As our parent’s whole world, we’re sure they’d love to spend time with you. Bring them out to shop and catch up on life. But be sure to stop by Bungalows for crackers and wine from 4-7 pm.
• Bring the kids. It’s all about the memories, so let them tag along to make it a whole family affair. Let them create a Build-A-Bear and have the whole family make a funny recording to go inside for good memories.
• See the sights. Take a nature and sunset cruise with Cetacean Cruises. They leave daily at 3 pm and tours last around two hours. You need the whole family for this ride that takes 7 people or more to book. You’ll learn all about the wildlife in our own backyard.
For The Just-Another-Night Type
• Get fit. Check out Moxie’s schedule and sweat out the day at spin class. They have a lover’s ride or revenge ride — which fits you best?
• Bring your pup. They deserve some love, too! Dress them up for some cute pics at our selfie wall. And, if Fido is a good boy, stop by Faux Paws to get them a treat!
• See a movie. Spot your favorite actor on the big screen at AMC Theatre.
For The On-A-Budget Type
• Don’t wait. Check out Ginny Lane Bar and Grill’s lunch specials from 11 am – 4 pm.
• Happy hour heaven. Check out YoHo Rum & Tacos to grab something off their mouth-watering drink and appetizer menu.
• Play tourist. Take a walk around our Marina, and you’re guaranteed to see not only million-dollar boats but a sunset worth that much as well.
For The Adventurous Type
• Zip-zip hooray. Let the wind blow your hair back at the Hummingbird Zipline course.
• Escape reality. Get a group together and visit Breakout Orange Beach to solve the puzzle, crack codes and find hidden items — all in under an hour.
• Get competitive. Stop by Arena The Next Level to showcase your skills.
So, no matter your situation, it doesn’t have to be another dreaded Valentine’s Day. Make plans to join us at The Wharf — there’s something for everyone. And if you do stop by, snap a pic and use #alwharf on social media. See you … here!