June 13-15, 2019 is Old School Tournament Time at The Wharf!
The Orange Beach Grand Slam is a hybrid of the fun, camaraderie and fishing techniques of vintage Gulf Coast Big Game Tournaments, combined with and a new exciting format for both sport-fishing yachts and today's center consoles.
Back in day there wasn't The Wharf, but we'll try to re-create the feel of an old-school weigh-in right here at Marlin Circle at The Wharf!
We'll have more information coming very soon, but here are our Top 5 things we'd like to share with you right now about the 2019 Orange Beach Grand Slam!
1. This will be a Trolling Only Tournament. No Live Bait! Lures and dead bait only.
2. Start thinking strategy, because you are going to want to weigh in a Tuna, Dolphin and Wahoo...with bonus points for releasing a billfish!
3. This is a no-kill billfish tournament.
4. The tournament entry fee is low, yet enough that the winners will still appreciate their checks!
5. There will be Two Divisions -- A Sportfish Division and a Center Console Division