The Orange Beach Open (formerly known as the Orange Beach Grand Slam) is a hybrid of the fun, camaraderie and fishing techniques of vintage Gulf Coast Big Game Tournaments, combined with a new exciting format for both sport-fishing yachts and today's center consoles.
The fun begins with departure on Thursday, June 25 (boats may leave from any Gulf of Mexico port) and ends Saturday, June 27 with the final weigh-in at The Wharf Marina.
We'll have more information coming very soon, but here are our Top 5 things we'd like to share with you right now about the 2020 Orange Beach Open!
1. It's all about old-school fun. Good times and memories. Friendly camaraderie and the fishing techniques of vintage big game tournaments combined into a fun weekend. All of us recall those good relaxing times where the best memories are created.
2. No Live Bait. Period. Trolling with lures and dead bait only.
3. It's a no-kill tournament. All Billfish are released.
4. Strategy pays. Combinations win. Weigh-in one of each species of an eligible gamefish and then boost your standings on the leaderboard with a verified billfish release video.
5. The Orange Beach Open. An authentic, family-friendly tournament experience with reasonable entry fees hosted by the team best known for the most entertaining and creative tournaments on the coast.
What: Orange Beach Open (formerly Orange Beach Grand Slam)
Where: The Wharf Marina; Weigh-in will be held in Marlin Circle
When: The final, public weigh-in will be Saturday, June 27 from 5-8 pm
Click here for more details.