Fall is in the air, and we’ve teamed up with Ginny Lane to share a recipe just in time for the Holiday season.
Check it out then tag us in your photos of the recreations using #ALWharf and #TheWharfOBA.
- 5 pounds butternut squash
- 2 large yellow onions
- 3 carrots
- ½ stalk celery
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Sautee celery, onions, + carrots until soft
- Peel and roast butternut squash in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until it is fork tender
- Add garlic to sauteed vegetables. Once garlic is sweated down, add white wine and reduce by half
- Add in chicken stock + heavy cream and stir
- Add in butternut squash
- Season with salt + pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil
- Let simmer for one hour
- Put soup in the blender, beginning at a low speed, to smooth it out
- Serve and garnish with a pinch of nutmeg
Ginny Lane will be open for Thanksgiving Day, be sure to join us with your family to try the soup for yourself!