Football season is here, and that means it's time to gather with friends and family to watch the game and enjoy some mouthwatering food.
Whether you're tailgating at the stadium or hosting a watch party at home, having the right snacks and dishes is essential.
We’ve got some fantastic football recipe ideas that will score big with your fellow fans. From classic game day snacks to hearty meals, we've got you covered.
Artichoke Casserole Recipe
- 4, 16-ounce cans Artichoke hearts, drained + chopped
- 4, 16 ounce cans French-style green beans, drained
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt, black pepper + cayenne pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Obtain saucepan + casserole baking dish.
2. Add oil to saucepan, then sauté onion + garlic cloves until transparent.
3. Add in green beans and artichokes, mix well.
4. Add in cheese + breadcrumbs, mix well.
5. Add in salt, black pepper + cayenne pepper to taste, mix well.
6. Place in casserole baking dish and cook for 20 minutes.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados (peeled, pitted + halved)
- 1 juice of lime (hold back a tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced + seeded
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
1. Place the avocado pulp + lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
2. Add salt and mash, leaving some larger chunks for texture.
3. Add the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, + garlic. Stir to combine.
4. Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
5. Add salt + pepper to taste and sometimes a bit of lime for full flavor.
6. Enjoy with chips or vegetables for dipping.
Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
- 1 - 17.25-ounce package frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb pork sausage uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine sausage, Worcestershire sauce, sage, thyme, onion powder + black pepper. Divide the sausage mixture into 4 portions.
3. Cut each puff pastry sheet into 2 rectangles.
4. Spread sausage down the middle of each piece of puff pastry. Brush the edges of the pastry with an egg.
5. Working with one rectangle at a time, fold the left and right side of the pastry over the sausage to meet and overlap in the middle. Press down to seal the seam. Cut each log into 8 bite size pieces with a sharp knife. Place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Brush the tops + sides of the rolls with the remaining egg wash.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
Courtesy of YoHo Rum & Tacos
- 1 cucumber
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 1.25 ounce blanco tequila
- 3 limes
- 3 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 ounce agave nectar
- 1 scoop of ice
1. Slice + peel cucumber then cut into wedges.
2. Deseed + chop jalapeno into slices.
3. Juice limes, oranges + lemons.
4. Muddle 3-4 cucumber wedges + 3-4 jalapeno slices in a shaker.
5. Add 1.25 ounces blanco tequila.
6. Add 4-5 ounces of fresh citrus juice (lemon, lime + orange).
7. Add 1 ounce agave nectar.
8. Add one scoop of ice.
9. Shake all ingredients in shaker.
10. Strain over ice in a salted (or unsalted) rocks glass.
11. Garnish with a jalapeño + cucumber.
Mini Dessert Bar
- Don't forget dessert! Create a mini dessert bar with sweet treats like brownie bites, mini cheesecakes, + chocolate dipped strawberries. It’s the perfect way to end your game day feast.
With these football recipe ideas, your game day gathering is sure to be a touchdown. Whether you prefer classic snacks or hearty meals, there's something here for every football fan.
So, put on your team colors, fire up the TV, and get ready to enjoy some fantastic food while cheering for your favorite team. Game on!