In honor of National Guacamole Day on September 16, we’ve teamed up with Orange Beach Concierge’s Chef David Pan to share a recipe that will guac your world.
Check it out then tag us in your photos of the recreations using #ALWharf and #TheWharfOBA.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados (peeled, pitted and halved)
- 1 juice of lime (hold back a tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Place the avocado pulp and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the salt and mash using your hands (gloved) or masher, leaving some larger chunks for texture.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, and garlic, and stir to combine.
- Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
- Add salt + pepper to taste and sometimes a bit for lime (acid) for full flavor.
- Enjoy with your favorite chips or vegetables for dipping.