Light. Fresh. Filling. On these hot, summer days, this is what we’re often looking for in order to keep our nutrition on track and our taste buds happy. Shoutout to Orange Beach Concierge for coming up with a recipe for both.
This fruity but cheesy goodness can be made in a lunch pinch or to wow a crowd — just need a few, simple ingredients to get going. Check it out below, then let us know what you think! Plus, we would love to see your version, so send a picture and be sure to tag us on Facebook + Insta!
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon ‘small’ cut into 1″ chunks
- 8 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces feta cut into 1/4-inch squares or crumbled
- 2 lemons squeezed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Combine/whisk lemon juice, olive oil and salt together until smooth.
For the salad:
- Arrange watermelon, arugula and feta on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.