This amazing homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe comes from Orange Beach Concierge inspired by Milk Bar Life by Christina Tosi. These cookies are the perfect amount of ooey gooey that you need in your life! This recipe makes about 18 cookies. Try them out today, and let us know what you think by uploading a photo of them to social media and tagging @TheWharfOBA.
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and just warm to the touch
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. With a wooden spoon, mix together the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl, until homogenous, about a minute. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Mix in the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined. Add the chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Portion 2 ¾ ounce scoops of dough about 2 to 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely on the pan.